My New Years Resolutions!
Hey, hey, hey there! Hoping all you amazing readers had a wonderful holiday season filled with love, laughter, and good wine!
It’s two days after the end of 2017 (can I get an amen?!) and I am so ready to take on the new year! Normally, this blog is all about wine (and it still is!) but I want to get a little personal with y’all today.
P.S- in case you didn’t know, my name is Hannah and I’m the human behind My Pour Decisions. Nice to meet you.
Anyways, I am one of those cheesy people who love to make New Years resolutions, and I’m happy to say I achieved a decent amount in 2017. For instance, this past May I left my job in tech and pursued my dream of working in wine full time. I started this amazing blog, gained a new family of growing followers (yay!) and had some awesome opportunities come my way.
I’ve spent the last few days reflecting on the past year and finally put together a list of things I would like to accomplish in 2018 that I thought I would share with you! A few are related to the blog, but some are related to my personal and professional life (I told you it was a personal post!)
IN 2018, MY GOALS ARE:
- To live a healthier lifestyle. I get DM’s about this a lot, especially since posting about wine calories. I’ll admit, I’m not the most fit person in the world and that’s something I am really trying to work on. Since graduating college in 2015, I’ve lost 35 pounds, which is pretty exciting (!!!!), but in 2018 I really want to kick it up a notch. I have a few resolutions to help me achieve this:
- Cutting back on soda. I’m a sucker for Diet Coke, but I know it’s not good for me. Time to make the switch to sparkling water!
- Not drinking on weeknights. I love wine, obviously. And because you read this blog, I’m assuming you do too. However, in reference to my post, it’s additional calories that I don’t necessarily need, especially on weeknights. I’m going to be strict as possible with this, but hey, there may be nights that mama needs to indulge. Little steps.
- Only eating out once a week. This includes lunches at work and on the weekends. Sounds enough, right? *nervous laughing*
- Exercise 5-6 days a week. I’m pretty consistent about this (one of my goals from 2017!) but I want to get even more regimented on my exercise routine. My boyfriend and I have decided to compete in a few 5ks in 2018, so the training is beginning! If you need inspiration for working out, follow the Apartment Bartender and his company Earn Your Booze.
- Continue to build My Pour Decisions!
- Start a newsletter. I’m well underway into building a newsletter for my subscribers in 2018- woot woot! If you haven’t already subscribed, pleaaaaaaase do so above!
- Continue to build my social media following. I’m a huge lover of Instagram but I’ll admit that I’m slaaaaackin’ on the Facebook and Twitter game. In 2018 I’m going to really work on being consistent across all channels and hopefully, see more engagement and follows!
- Speaking of consistency…. posting on MPD weekly! I’m GOING TO DO THIS I SWEAR.
- Other Stuff:
- Be better at responding to text messages. I’ll be honest, I’m a horrible texter. I basically only text my boyfriend (asking what we need from the store), my mom (asking how to make a dentist appointment) and my best friends (gossip group message, obviously.) I’m one of those people who looks at the text and mentally responds in my brain, BUT NEVER TYPES IT. I’m the worst and I need to work on communicating. So, sorry friends!
- Get more adventurous with food. This past year I have been experimenting with food more and more, and because of that, I’ve found so many new favorites! It’s a trend I’m keeping up in 2018 and I would love your recommendations!
- Take time to relax. My schedule has been beyond hectic this past year and I really need to take time to chill the hell out. My boyfriend just bought me a bunch of goodies for bubble baths, so catch me there.
- Get more organized. I say this every year…. so maybe 2018 is my time to get it right?
So, that’s it for the personal stuff! Onto our regularly scheduled programming of wine, wine, wine!
Again, wishing you all a fabulous 2018 and I hope we can make pour decisions together!